Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Good Read

I just got my copy of Drawing magazine's "Portrait Issue". There were two articles that really interested me. 

The first was "Constructing and Modeling a Foreshortened Figure", a pose I'm determined to conquer and the second was "Setting Up for Silverpoint". It's a medium I've been wanting to try ever since I saw Bruce Day's beautiful silverpoint drawings at his studio show a few years ago. My surface preparation, so important in silverpoint, was overworked and over-prepped, so I was happy to see the article. It talked about one of the first (15th century) "how to" books for artists that directed that chicken bones be collected (fetched from under the table), be burned and then the white ash mixed with saliva or better yet - urine. Well, I felt much better about my prep of Golden's Silverpoint/Drawing Ground. So I've got my surface prepared (not as worried over this time) and am ready to get started - again.

Our thanks to K.C. for her graceful poses.

Janet will be posing for us on Feb. 10th.

Dragonfly Yoga is extending their class to run until 7:30, so we'll start the session around 7:45. I'm sorry for the inconvenience - we'll just have to see how it goes.






















No comments:

Post a Comment